Reblogged from kagome1736
Revolutionary Girl Utena and Revolutionary Girl Utena: The Adolescence of Utena
The anime series and the movie are really awesome. However, I hope the anime could show more relationship between Anthy and Utena (my favorite couple). I’m searching for the scan manga of the movie but it’s really hard to find so if you guys have the scan I hope you could share it.
And I believe that Anthy will meet Utena someday.
1. If you think that the television series didn’t show a complex relationship between Utena and Anthy, you’re a dingleberry and you clearly didn’t pay attention. Just because they didn’t kiss like in the movie does not make their relationship any less significant.
2. I own the manga of the series as well as the manga of the movie and if you are expecting ANYTHING along the lines of what happened in the movie itself you are setting yourself up for a lifetime of disappointment.
1. I know about their relationship but I want the director to show more clear, not just in sub-text. This series in my country they didn’t sub it so it’s really hard for me to understand clearly about it.
2. It may be disappointment but I still want to complete what I begin. I have seen some pages of the movie manga and those pages make me more curious, it seem to be different from the movie
Thanks for your suggestion
1. the director DELIBERATELY CHOSE to keep their relationship primarily platonic with only hints at any sort of romantic feelings between the two. It is important to keep in mind that Utena IS! NOT! A YURI! SERIES! Sorry if that’s what you were hoping for. That’s just not what this is.
2. The manga is excellent. But the relationship between Anthy and Utena is explicitly platonic in the manga. So again, if you were looking for some sort of thing between the two in the manga’s story it just doesn’t exist there.